Sunday, May 1, 2011

Review: Tom Kenyon's "Ultimate Performance"


As I posted earlier, a good friend (and sport!) volunteered to listen to some of Tom Kenyon's CD's while she was staying with me this week. Katie and I put on the first track of "Ultimate Performance", part of Kenyon's "Ultimate Brain" collection. Below is our review and responses.

While we both sat down to listen a bit distracted, with things on our mind, we thoroughly enjoyed this CD. Some of Kenyon's tracks are very focused with orders and exercises, and some are just the opposite: open and breezy. This first track on "Ultimate Performance" fell somewhere in the middle. His visualizations exercises were open enough for us, although instead easily visualizing a resolved problem in the future, Katie's thoughts drifted more to the past. The track guides the listener to envision an issue in their life, and then envision its resolution in great detail. I found it to be inspirational, especially since I have some future goals that I have been wanting to flush out in my mind's eye. It created a warm, loving environment for me to nurture these little seeds of thoughts, although Katie wasn't quite so impressed. We both rated it at about a "3" on the instensity scale (10 being heart-attack intense). I would definitely recommend listening to this CD if you have some unresolved issues or anxiety about current challenges in your life.

1 comment: